How to insert references in SWP using BibTeX
I would always suggest to use BibTeX with LaTeX, but if you really
cannot avoid using SWP, this is what I do for inserting my
bibliographies. It is very simple, but it works and do not ask me more.
- Choose "Typeset" => "Bibliography choice" => click on "BibTeX".
- Go to "Typeset" => "General Settings". In the box "BibTeX
database directory" I wrote "C:\MYDOCUMENTS\PROJECTS\BIBLIO". In the
box "BibTeX style directory" I wrote "C:\swp55\TCITeX\bibtex".
- Put the pointer where you want your bibliography to start
and choose "Insert" => "Typeset Object" => Bibliography =>
Choose your BibTeX file.
- Insert bibliography citations by clicking on the icon " (citation).
- If not already included, include the package Chicago, by clicking on the icon "Options and Packages".
- Last suggestion: keep your list of packages as short as possible, as they sometimes seems to conflict.